Re: Bitmap fonts

On 04/14/2016 03:30 PM, jp charras wrote:
[snip]
> Thanks, Orson.
>
> I just tested it
> (note: on msys2, W7 32 bits I had a GL_INVALID_FRAMEBUFFER_OPERATION undefined compil error)
>
> After testing a complex 16 layers board, the current version allocates up to 128 Mbytes, and the
> bitmaps font 256 Mbytes, unfortunately more ùemory.
>
> (using bool CACHED_CONTAINER::resizeContainer( unsigned int aNewSize ) to show allocations)
>
> No max allocation change if I disable/enable the display of net names in Pcbnew preferences.

Hi Jean-Pierre,

Thank you for the information about the compilation error. I will check
it later, perhaps glew library version differs.

What you observe here is only the cached container size. Its size has
grown as texts are now stored there (as they are now cheaper to store,
so it is better to keep them in the video card memory).

There is also a noncached container which previously stored the
mentioned texts, and they had to be computed and sent every frame. Here
is the main benefit.

Regards,
Orson