Re: i18n little problem

Le 19/04/2016 07:54, Marco Ciampa a écrit :
>>> I just a little problem I discovered.
>>>
>>> Under Linux, if you manage to change the language using the menu, some
>>> wxwindows related features (name on the buttons "cancel" and "Ok" on the
>>> 3D path settings for example) are determined from the "locale" language
>>> environment (that you can change from the command line with: "export
>>> LANGUAGE it_IT.UFT-8; kicad") only, independently of the kicad language
>>> setting.
>>>
>> On Tue, Apr 19, 2016 at 01:26:02AM +0200, Nick Østergaard wrote:
>> It is a little unclear what exactly you select in the language. But
>> this is expected when you click the default and not english or any
>> other language.
>
> Sorry for being unclear. I'll give you an example.
> My Locale settings is Italian (of course ... :-).
> In these days I am producing some screenshots in english so I switched to English in the menu.
> If I open the footprint editor->path configuration I see as buttos: "Aiuto" "Annulla" "Ok".
> I think this is wrong.
>
> --
>

> Marco Ciampa

In most of dialogs, buttons "cancel" and "Ok" (and a few others like apply) are directly managed by
wxWidgets, which uses the "native" look and feel of the system.
This is a good practice when using wxWidgets, which has this result.

"native" look and feel means order of buttons, and shapes (associated icon when exists, text).
Therefore the position, icon and text language of these buttons (and some others in a few dialogs)
is not managed by Kicad, but by your system settings.

--
Jean-Pierre CHARRAS