Re: [Branch ~kicad-product-committers/kicad/product] Rev 6698: Pcbnew: remove dead macro code.

Le 19/04/2016 22:02, Andrey Fedorushkov a écrit :

> In attach is one of the files.
> For example, a macro is very simple to make the ground skip and via between the microwave lines.
> I wrote the "mini-guide" in the newsletter, how to use macros when my colleague Roman Bashkov completed code.
> I can briefly repeat.
> For example, it is necessary to do the Via group (eg two via) with some (different) pitch:
> use hotkeys
> macros 1 record
> <ctrl+1> - X - <move cursor> - V - <End> - <PgUp> - X - <move cursor> - V - <End> - <PgUp> - <ctrl+1>
> Move cursor to new pad (or point) and press <1>.
>
> The sequence hotkeys may be very different.

Like Wayne wrote, the macro code has some issues, never fixed, which make the macros hard to use, or
not usable by most of users:

* First of all, on Windows, ctrl+1 does not generate a key event, therefore it is *not possible* to
start a record. (On my computer, ctrl+1 is usable only on Linux).
Generally speaking, ctrl+ any other key which is not A...Z creates issues, depending on the OS and
the language, and must be avoided.
(Of course, the user can change this hotkey, if he knows the issue)

* Mouse events are not taken in account, and left click is ignored during record.

* Record is not protected against re-entrance (which can happen by mistake). Try to type <1> during
recording sequence of macro 1.

To see how a macro can be used, I had to analyze the code.

A minor other issue is the fact 10 precious hotkeys are not usable for other commands, and this is
too many keys for me.
(I am thinking 4 keys could be enough, if Wayne restores the macros code)

I can easily understand why Wayne has removed this code, due to these flaws, and the fact the code
was never maintained.

--
Jean-Pierre CHARRAS