Re: 3D filename resolution

The intended behavior should be to have the envvar always override as
far as I understand Wayne's design decision. I like that. If the
configure paths dialog should show the one from config or the envvar I
am not so sure about. I think it should show the external envvar in
the case that is defined, overriding the one in the config. This
should also aid in confirming that one have set it outside. Although I
sort of think it is bad that the current behavior is that it will only
use the envvar  if the path exists. (This was the case with the
KISYS3DMOD).