Re: [Branch ~kicad-product-committers/kicad/product] Rev 6698: Pcbnew: remove dead macro code.

> On 20 Apr 2016, at 19:11, Wayne Stambaugh <stambaughw@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> On 4/20/2016 3:09 AM, jp charras wrote:
>> Le 19/04/2016 22:02, Andrey Fedorushkov a écrit :
>>>
>>> In attach is one of the files.
>>> For example, a macro is very simple to make the ground skip and via between the microwave lines.
>>> I wrote the "mini-guide" in the newsletter, how to use macros when my colleague Roman Bashkov completed code.
>>> I can briefly repeat.
>>> For example, it is necessary to do the Via group (eg two via) with some (different) pitch:
>>> use hotkeys
>>> macros 1 record
>>> <ctrl+1> - X - <move cursor> - V - <End> - <PgUp> - X - <move cursor> - V - <End> - <PgUp> - <ctrl+1>
>>> Move cursor to new pad (or point) and press <1>.
>>>
>>> The sequence hotkeys may be very different.
>>
>> Like Wayne wrote, the macro code has some issues, never fixed, which make the macros hard to use, or
>> not usable by most of users:
>>
>> * First of all, on Windows, ctrl+1 does not generate a key event, therefore it is *not possible* to
>> start a record. (On my computer, ctrl+1 is usable only on Linux).
>> Generally speaking, ctrl+ any other key which is not A...Z creates issues, depending on the OS and
>> the language, and must be avoided.
>> (Of course, the user can change this hotkey, if he knows the issue)
>
> This might explain why I cannot get anything useful to work with macro
> recording.  Since there is no way to access the macros from a context
> menu, they are completely broken on windows.  Features must work across
> all supported platforms.  I'm not sure about the behavior on OSX but
> platform specific features are a no go in my opinion.

I just tried ctrl-1 on OS X and I see some “Add key [T] in macro 1” in status bar (donÄt know what I did).
However, I got totally lost to get rid of some “Search for footprint” dialog I obviously recorded.
Maybe the problem was (as already mentioned by JP) that I pressed ctrl-1 again while recording (I didn’t see any feedback that it started recording).
So I had to kill pcbnew… :)

It seems to be there on OS X, but I really have no idea how to use it or if it works.

Regards,
Bernhard