Re: hotkeys config menu coherence

First of all: I am not always (this is an euphemism...) able to comment
changes in a polite way. Please be patient, I did not mean be offensive or
supercilious.

On Thu, Apr 21, 2016 at 10:12:39AM -0400, Chris Pavlina wrote:
> It's still partially in progress, I've just been massively tied up lately.
>
> I don't understand the problem with 'Controls'. They _are_ controls. Anyone
> else object to this placement? Without hotkeys in that tab it looks a bit
> hilariously sparse... I don't understand the argument that these controls
> should not be with those controls.

Ok call it as you wish. The problem is the coherence. If you change this
they should IMHO changed in all the other tools al well. If not, best keep
those as are now.

> Import and export should be moved to go with the hotkeys but there is an
> architectural issue with the preferences system preventing that. I'd like to
> move them.
>
> Hotkeys aren't translated? Okay, that should be changed.

This is not so important. But if they are translated, I think it is an improvement.

> As for vertical vs horizontal - that's just personal preference, unless you
> have some actual argument in favor of one or the other.

Yes, I have to admint this probably is personal preference.

> Why didn't you speak up back when I was working on this? The discussion was
> very active.

I probably have missed the discussion at all.

Please forgive me.

--

Marco Ciampa

 GNU/Linux User #78271