Re: Net Ties

Le 23/04/2016 00:50, Simon Richter a écrit :
> On 22.04.2016 15:23, Tomasz Wlostowski wrote:
>
>> IMHO it can be done without any changes on the eeschema side by adding a
>> special component to the standard library (just like GND/power ports).
>
> Yes, but that'd feel like more of a hack.
>
>> PCBnew could interpret it as a zero-sized copper pad. Some DRC
>> modifications would be needed to correctly take into account clearances
>> of the nets connected by a tie.
>
> Well, the special pad (which I'd simply use the largest of the connected
> netclasses' width for) would be allowed to coincide with other pads and
> vias, modify zone fill around itself and even relax DRC rules, so this
> would be a *very* special component, so I'm not sure piggybacking it off
> component placement is going to do us any favours here.
>
>    Simon

Have you a look at Altium, and how Altium handles net ties ?

I know there are some bad ideas in Altium, but there are also some good and very good ideas.

- In schematic, it is a special component (not very special in fact, just a component with an
attribute set), associated to a footprint, perfectly compatible with current Eeschema files.
- On board, it is a special footprint , but not very special: it can be currently made in Pcbnew,
with no (or minor changes) in code (perhaps just a enhancement in DRC).

Therefore, I don't think using a special component/special footprint is just a hack: it could be the
right way to do.

--
Jean-Pierre CHARRAS