Re: Custom shaped pads work. Second test, patch updated

Le 11/04/2016 02:29, Cirilo Bernardo a écrit :
> Hi Jean-Pierre,
>
>  The custom shaped pads and editor dialogs work beautifully for me now. I
> realized as I was testing this latest patch that I have only been using SMD
> custom pads since that's what I need in my current project. I tested the
> thru-hole as well this time and the only issue I have is that all custom
> shapes are present on all copper layers. For most custom work which
> involves a thru-hole I imagine only the thru-hole land is desired on all
> layers and the extra glyphs should only be on the top layer. In some cases
> of polygonal shapes the user may want the copper land to appear on top
> only/top+bottom only/bottom only/all layers, but I imagine for arcs and
> other shape types the user in most cases would only want the copper to
> appear in the top layer. I don't consider this a serious issue though since
> a user can superimpose a custom SMD pad and a simple thru-hole pad to
> achieve the desired result.
>
> - Cirilo

Thanks, Cirilo.

After thinking about this problem, I am thinking the best solution is to leave custom pads as this,
and use a smd custom shaped pad and an other through hole pad at the same location, when a through
hole master pad is needed, like you suggested.

Allowing a master pad on all layers and the custom shape on only one layer is in fact less or more
allowing stacked pads.

So it could be better to work on a more general stacked pads feature, because the code to manage
stacked pads and the code to manage custom shaped pads with different shapes on different layers are
certainly very similar in a lot of cases ( DRC, plot / draw ...)

--
Jean-Pierre CHARRAS