Re: Copyright header

On 4/29/2016 9:59 AM, Chris Pavlina wrote:
> Ah yes, AUTHORS.TXT - somehow I missed that.
>
> I wonder whether we ought to have a script to generate/update AUTHORS.TXT from
> version control, so as to avoid missing anybody.

That only covers the source contributors and I prefer to only include
contributors who have contributed more that a simple spelling fix which
a script cannot distinguish.  AUTHORS.txt also includes the
documentation and translation contributors although I notices that it
hasn't been updated to include the library and website contributors.
Now that these projects have been spun off in separate repos, maybe we
should keep the credits per repo and update the credits in the about
dialog accordingly.  Anyone else have any thoughts on this?  It hasn't
been a big maintenance issue so I'm fine either way.

> I don't think it's allowed to use "YEAR" in copyright notices, I was just using
> that as a placeholder :P

I would hope devs would be savvy enough to replace "YEAR" with the
actual year.  That's kind of like the old "I state your name" gag.