Re: Missing features in GAL

> Now we plan to fill the remaining gaps between the legacy and GAL
> canvases. I think it is a good opportunity to either improve or remove
> certain tools, therefore I am asking for your input.
>
> What do you think about porting the following features? Do you find them
> useful, maybe would you change them somehow?
>
> - autorouter

I don't think it is worth porting built in autorouter, the one that is
hidden behind "that stupid button." The move button.

> - microwave tools

I think the microwave tools are a bit strange to use as of now, but I
definitely think that we should port them, at least for making the
stubs and such. Or at least have some alternative to them to easily
create those copper features. But I admit that I have not seen many
designs using those, but maybe that is simply because the three
options are not overly useful. I am sure someone else could elaborate
on this.

> - footprint/local ratsnest

I have seen multiple people ask for this on IRC.

> - dragging footprints (i.e. moving footprints while keeping tracks
> connected)

Maybe not in the sense that it works in legacy with straight segments
being rubber-band-like. Could the PNS be used to make this more smart?