Re: Bitmap fonts (+ dotted grid)

Hi Simon,

On 05/02/2016 07:08 PM, Simon Wells wrote:
> just fyi for anyone as dumb/blind as me the option for switching
> between dots and lines for the grid is in Dimensions->Grid in pcbnew.

Purposedly I have not left any clues to see if I had picked the right
place for the setting. Apparently it is not as intuitive as I initially
thought, so do you know another place that fits beter?

> Orson, in regards to this as the button on the left with the dotted
> grid thingy jsut does the damn as the render checkbox for grid might
> it not be an idea to change the button on the left to switch between
> dots/lines or dots/lines/none?

I am not sure if it is a good idea. I believe there are two camps:
dot-gridders and line-gridders and they never switch sides, so everyone
would have to go through an unnecessary clicks to skip an unwanted grid
mode while toggling grid display.

It would also introduce another inconsistency with the legacy canvas,
and I would rather avoid it at the moment.

Regards,
Orson