Re: mode openGL issues after latest updates

On 05/04/2016 11:45 AM, jp charras wrote:
> Le 04/05/2016 à 11:20, Maciej Sumiński a écrit :
>> On 05/03/2016 04:48 PM, Wayne Stambaugh wrote:
>> [snip]
>>> Not quite yet.  See attached screen shot on latest msys2/mingw32.  The
>>> Cairo version is 1.15.2.  I suppose it could be the graphics drivers on
>>> my work laptop (it's one of the Intel HD graphics chips).  I'll test it
>>> on my home system tonight and see if is driver related.
>>
>> Uh, strange-it-works-here (tm).. Can you confirm that you are running
>> revision 6767+? I had exactly the same visual distortions, and changes
>> in 6767 fixed the problem.
>>
>> Regards,
>> Orson
>
> I also have a similar issue (see attached) using bzr 6771, with cairo.
>
> If I select a text, it is highlighted, and correctly displayed.
> After deselection, the text remains correctly displayed (any text selected and deselected becomes
> correctly displayed).
> Note also there are only some texts which are incorrectly displayed, not all.
> Looks like some initialization is missing.

Ok, I think I got it. Indeed a few initializing functions were missing,
so the problem has not shown up in every case. Fixed in 6772.

I still cannot find a way to crash pcbnew running under Windows. I am
about to compile 32 bit version to recreate the environment as closely
as possible.

It will be appreciated if someone else could perform steps described by
Jean-Pierre (run pcbnew, switch to OpenGL, switch to legacy, close) to
see if it crashes somewhere else. It could be a valuable data point for me.

Regards,
Orson