Re: Round Rectangle corner radius control suggestion

Le 04/05/2016 à 13:29, ifs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx a écrit :
>> Le 04/05/2016 à 12:45, ifs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx a écrit :
>>> Hello:
>>>
>>> In the Pad Properties window, Round Rectangle properties, there is the "Corner size" option. It
>>> shows the calculated "Corner radius" as information.
>>>
>>> Using IPC rules as guidelines, the maximum corner radius must be 25% of the pad width, with a
>>> maximum of 0.25 mm. If the pad is big enough, a 25% of the pad width yields a corner radius bigger
>>> than those 0.25 mm, and the % must be adjusted accordingly. For those cases, can the "Corner radius"
>>> control be editable so it drives the "Corner size" value?
>>>
>>> Iñigo.
>>>

>> If it is editable, what is the right value: the corner radius, or the
>> % value, when you change the
>> pad size?
>> * You cannot have 2 values for the same parameter.
>> * The % value avoid issues, when changing pad size.
>> This is the reason the pad radius is not editable.
>
> I don't want two different/non equivalent values for the same
> parameter. Can not one change the others value? So if I change % then
> corner radius value is updated, if I change corner radius, % is
> updated.

You *have* two different/non equivalent values for the same parameter.

You missed what I said here: "The % value avoid issues, *when changing pad size*"
What is the right value, when you change the pad size?

One of these 2 values (absolute radius or % value) become wrong, but what is the value which become
wrong?

--
Jean-Pierre CHARRAS