Re: Request to allow text rotation/mirroring in any position/angle, silk screen

Le 06/05/2016 à 20:06, Lachlan Audas a écrit :
> I think the confusing ( my mistake)   footprint text verse free text.
> while free text allows any position,   editing the text of a foot print in
> PcbNew impose
> I lot of restrictions,   And this is where I having the problem importing
> from Eagle.
> So  my title should have been "Request to removing the restrictions on
> footprint text rotation".
>
> So do you think there is any change the restrictions can be removed ?
>
> Make life a lot easy for importing from eagle and other pcb packages.
>

> Lachlan.

"A lot of restrictions" ?

I do not understand.
The only one constraint is limiting the rotation from -90.0 to 90.0 degrees.

the reason if the fact a reference or value is not readable when its rotation is near 180.0 degrees.
Therefore, without this constraint, each time you rotate a footprint by 180.0 degrees, you have to
change the fields (value + ref) rotation (set them to 0.0), if you want to be able to read them.

This is not acceptable.

What is the problem when importing a board ?
The issues could be due to the importers, and not the constraints for fields rotations.