Re: Maker Faire SF KiCad Presentation

Hey Adam,

Thank you for representing KiCad at Maker Faire SF.  I wish I could join
you.  Maybe one of these years I'll be able to make it.

Take a look at the version 5 road map[1] for ideas on what the goals are
for the next stable release.  Please keep in mind that this is the goal,
what actually will get implemented remains to be seen.  As for the
user-facing Eeschema changes, we hope to GALify (at least an initial
pass) and get the new file format implemented which will change the
library management code more along the lines of the Pcbnew.  Maybe we
will get few features like gate/pin swap implemented and don't forget
Tom's board update feature (no intermediate netlist file required).
Feel free to borrow any of my 2016 FOSDEM presentation if it helps.  It
should be available on the FOSDEM website.  If not, let me know and I
can send you a copy of it.

Cheers,

Wayne

[1]: