Re: What are dx and dy?

I don't like the idea of a "smart" origin either.  When I set the user
origin, it's typically to place multiple objects on a given x or y
coordinate.  I don't want kicad thinking it's smarter than I am and
reset the user origin relative to where I started drawing some object.
To me that would be more annoying than useful.