Re: What are dx and dy?

Well, I've stared at that dx and dy for countless sessions of pcbnew,
trying to figure out how to make it useful based on looking at the UI. I
couldn't.

What if we replace the (IMO useless) mimicking of X and Y with a message to
press 'space' to measure?

Otherwise, there is no UI hint as to how to make the visible numbers useful.