Re: Dump zone geometry to files when filling

On 10.05.2016 23:41, Chris Pavlina wrote:
> In 6790 I removed the user option to "Dump zone geometry to files when
> filling"; Tom indicated that this was no longer necessary and could be removed.
>
> I left the *code*, however. I took the global flag out of pcbnew.h and replaced
> it with a static const bool in the file where the actual dumping happens, to
> allow this to be switched back on in the future if absolutely necessary.
>
> Particularly @ Tom: should the code be removed as well? How sure are we that
> we'll never need it again? If "mostly sure", I'd advocate for removing it; in
> the unlikely case that that changes we can drag it back out of the rev history.
> If "kinda sure", maybe it can be left in.
>
> What do you think?

I would drop the option from the dialog, but leave the code and the
config file entry (so that it can be enabled by editing the config file
only). Zone filling algorithm still has some rare corner case bugs and
being able to see the intermediate steps of zone filling is a big aid in
fixing them.

Cheers,
Tom