Stable release bug fixes.

I've been running into issues with merging bug fixes into the 4 stable
branch.  This is to be expected as the code bases diverge.  However,
some of the merge issues are due to new code being committed along with
the bug fix which causes merge conflicts.  Please try to commit only the
code required to fix a bug that applies to both the stable and product
branches.  This is not an issue when fixing bugs that only apply to the
product branch.  This makes my life a lot easier when merging the
commits from the product branch into the stable branch.  Even better
would be to test your commit by merging it into a local copy of the
stable branch and verify that it merges cleanly and builds.  Also, I am
loosing track of which fixes effect the stable branch since the bug
reports are not always clear and sometimes there is no bug report for
the fix.  Please either add a note in commit message that it effects the
stable branch or send me a email with the commit number so I know to
merge it into the stable branch.

Thanks,