Re: mode openGL issues after latest updates

On 06/03/2016 04:40 PM, jp charras wrote:
> Le 03/06/2016 à 16:04, Maciej Sumiński a écrit :
>> Hi,
>>
>> I have just pushed the mentioned changes.
>>
>> @Jean-Pierre,
>> If you experience crash on exit with OpenGL GAL again, then we can
>> revert commit 6881, but I do not consider this a good solution, as it
>> creates a memleak. We need to think about another way of handling OGL
>> resources.
>
> Unfortunately, yes, I still have the crash.
> But why it creates a mem leak if the glContext is freed when exiting the application and if it is
> created only once?
>
> Thanks.

That is the case with OpenGL GAL, but 3D viewer (both board & module)
creates a context every time it is opened [1,2,3]. I wonder if they also
crash on your hardware, and if not - then what is different about them.

Regards,
Orson

1.
https://github.com/KiCad/kicad-source-mirror/blob/master/3d-viewer/3d_canvas.cpp#L112