Re: RFC: position file changes

Hi Eldar,

 The problem I have is that different standards have different
orientations. Even IPC now have "Orientation Level A", which is what is
described in 7351B, and another one where Pin 1 is in what the EIA
packaging standards call "Quadrant 3" (bottom left). The EIA specification
in turn specifies a different orientation for Pin1 depending on the SMT
package. To make things worse, some manufacturers provide the same part in
different orientations on tape. So while I can specify that the given
orientations are according to IPC-7351B, to help users determine the
orientation without ambiguity, it is good to have the Pin1 location in the
position file as well.

- Cirilo