Re: 3D-Viewer - Request for merge evaluation

Mário,

In order to build on OSX, I had to make the following change:

pcbnew/exporters/export_vrml.cpp, line 1210
-        wxFileName modelFileName = wxString::FromUTF8Unchecked(
-            resolver->ResolvePath( sM->m_Filename ) );
+        wxFileName modelFileName = resolver->ResolvePath( sM->m_Filename );

Because ResolvePath returns a wxString, and wxString::FromUTF8Unchecked does
not accept a wxString, and the particular combination of wx and compiler on
that platform does not allow any implicit cast that can resolve that.

I need to clarify what exactly is going on here, though. If ResolvePath
returns a wxString, this implies that the path has already been decoded from
UTF8 and is stored in the wxString as a sequence of codepoints in whatever
format wx uses for that. wxString is to contain Unicode codepoints, not raw
encoded data. If ResolvePath does indeed decode the path, then it is safe to
remove the call to FromUTF8Unchecked. However, if ResolvePath is not
decoding the path, it really needs to be changed to return something more
suitable for holding raw UTF8 data.