Re: Interesting consequence of "subtract soldermask from silkscreen"

Random thought: Make some positive thing to subtract away.
1. What about drawing a small dot under each pad? It is surely subtracted
but you still have some positive images so you don't have a negative-only
film to be "corrected".
2. What about picking some empty region to add a dot then subtract it?

Isn't necessarily easier than your suggestion to not generate the mask
negative. Depending on how easy it is to judge no silk is inside the edge
cutting boundary.