Re: hotkeys under linux

On Tue, Jun 21, 2016 at 12:16:25PM +0200, yann jautard wrote:
> may be you window manager blocks the modifier keys ? E.g. I can't use ALT
> for hotkeys with KDE because KDE already use it for a lot of things and
> blocks it.

mmm I doubt since I was trying shift+W and I do not know any wm that
blocks the shift key!

Another strange thing is that, under Windows (nightly build 6944), the
key descriptors (right side of every menu) are not translated (and
works).

Another strange thing is that under Linux the key descriptors are always
translated, regardless of current language setting. The only way to see
the key accelerators untranslated is to set:

 export LANGUAGE=en_GB.UTF8

in console and start kicad from there... but they still do not work.

And BTW, I am not able to enable icons for menu, regardless of cmake
option:

USE_IMAGES_IN_MENUS:BOOL=ON

but I think this is totally another matter...

--

Marco Ciampa

 GNU/Linux User #78271
 FSFE fellow #364