Re: 3D viewer broken on 32 bit windows.

On 6/23/2016 10:13 AM, Nick Østergaard wrote:

> Den 23/06/2016 15.52 skrev "Wayne Stambaugh" <stambaughw@xxxxxxxxx
> <mailto:stambaughw@xxxxxxxxx>>:
>>
>> On 6/23/2016 9:49 AM, Mário Luzeiro wrote:
>> > Hi Wayne,
>> >
>> > Is that on the KiCad main branch?
>>
>> Yes
>>
>> > Do you experienced the same on my branch?
>>
>> I did not test the 32 bit build of your branch.  I will try to test it
>> today or tomorrow and let you know.
>>

>> > As far as I was following the changed on 3d-viewer on main branch, I
> am not aware of any major change.
>> > The only thing I have in mind that may be causing this type of
> issues could be the OpenGL context implemented by Orson recently (that
> is also used on 3D-Viewer).
>> > (Orson did lots of changes / commits, make sure the source tree is
> updated)
>> >
>> > I have no Windows 32 to test it, but I just build it (the main
> branch) today and works for me on a Windows 7 64 bit.
>>
>> 32 bit windows is the only platform I'm having issues with.  The 64 bit
>> Linux and windows builds are fine.
>
> Are you testing the i386 msys2 build on a 32 bit or 64 bit windows system?

Both my 7 and 10 versions of windows are 64 bits.  I don't have access
to a 32 bit windows any longer without using a VM.  I guess I will have
to set one up if no one else out there has a 32 bit windows machine that
they can verify this on.  It would be useful to know if the same
behavior occurs on 32 bit windows.  I'm guessing most 64-bit windows
users will download the mingw64 build of kicad so it may not be a big
issue but I'm sure someone else will get bit by it if I have.