Re: replace_boost_function_boost_bind.patch: Replace boost::function and boost::bind with their std:: counterparts

Le 28/06/2016 à 18:07, Michael Steinberg a écrit :

> Am 28.06.2016 um 17:52 schrieb Wayne Stambaugh:
>> Orson,
>>
>> Since this mostly effects the new tool framework, I'll defer to your
>> judgement as to whether or not to commit this patch.  I don't have a
>> strong opinion one way or the other since we will not be able to
>> completely eliminate boost until C++ supports context switching.
>
> Hello Wayne,
>
> also boost::optional will be left as well, since std::optional is only available in c++14.
> That being said: the std implementations usually come dircetly from the compiler vendors and are
> supposedly lighter on the compiler, without all the necessary macro-indirection-stuff in boost
> trying to get it to compile on all platforms and all compilers and all versions with all bugs.
>
> Michael

Hi Michael,

Just FYI, I tested you patch on Kubuntu 14.04 LTS without any issue.

Kubuntu 14.04 LTS uses gcc 4.8.4, which is not yet fully compliant with c++11 (it is a bit old).
(Most of current Linux distributions use a more recent compil version. So Kubuntu 14.04 LTS is a
good test to find issues related to c++11 option).

However I did not have problem.
So, technically speaking, your patch can be committed.

Having said that, I fully agree with Wayne, the final decision must be taken by CERN guys.

--
Jean-Pierre CHARRAS