Re: KiCad documentation and KiCad library info

Le 29/06/2016 à 11:28, Fabrizio Tappero a écrit :
> Hello JP,
> I noticed that in any of the documentation we talk about KiCad github Libs, how to install them and
> how to update them. Maybe I should write a short paragraph in the KiCad main manual?
>
> Regards
> Fabrizio

Hello Fabrizio,
In fact the updated doc is in Cvpcb (see cvpcb_footprint_libraries_tables.adoc) and a older doc is
in Pcbnew.

But I agree, a short (and perhaps a not so short) paragraph in the KiCad main manual will be good.
Many times I have the impression users think the kicad libraries can be only stored on Github, and
all libraries on Github need to be loaded.

So a bit of explanation in the KiCad main manual is welcome.
Good luck.
Thanks.

--
Jean-Pierre CHARRAS