Trouble with bitmapped font

I fear that's yet another intel gpu issue :((

After updating to a pcbnew with the new opengl bitmap font code it
doesn't work anymore. It says:

Unhandled exception class: St13runtime_error what: Could not find shader
uniform: fontTexture

stracing the thing (I tought it was some file missing...) I've seen it
looking for libtxc_dxtc (which I promply added); that wasn't it, still
faulting. Maybe it's some build issue, now I'm redoing a full
clean/cmake cycle to see if it get better.

The GPU is an Intel GM45/GMA X4500M, so it *should* work with OpenGL 2
or shader model 4. It crawled with complex boards but at least it worked:P
No idea on what is needed for the bitmapped text...

Any idea on how to troubleshoot the thing?

--
Lorenzo Marcantonio