Re: KiCad New Main Icon proposal

*My opinion doesn't matter*, but I would like to _remark_ that I find these examples much more intuitive than the current icons.

With the current icons I get confused, often opening the footprint editor when expecting pcbnew, etc. I've come to accept that an open book or diary implies somehow the "Library Editor" which doesn't immediately register in my mind is for editing schematic symbols.

The screenshot you attached was much clearer to me -- however -- I wonder if "human footprint" makes the same connection as "component footprint" in the variety of human languages that kicad serves.

I guess I'm not really saying anything conclusive, except that your attachment basically helped to put in to words what I felt about the current icons.

Also, a slight spacing between the groups of icons would be helpful, I would think. Right now all icons have the same spacing between them, however if there were space between library editor and pcbnew, and space between footprint editor and the "extra tools" then I think it would be even clearer.