PCB API and pcbnew_scripting_helpers

I'm working on a plan to implement a PCB API as a step towards
implementing an Export Plugin which uses dynamically loaded
code in a manner similar to the current 3D Plugin scheme.

As part of the API, a number of basic functions are required:
+ obtain a pointer to the current BOARD (if any)
+ load a BOARD
+ save a BOARD
+ create a new BOARD
+ close the current BOARD

I noticed that the pcbner_scripting_helpers.{cpp,h} implement
the LOAD/SAVE part for use by the Python interface. Since
these functions will also be required by a PCB API, could
we rework those files so that they are always compiled into
kicad? I would like to ensure those functions are always
compiled and gradually add to them to create a base from
which to start the PCB API.

- Cirilo

Follow ups