Re: CERN trip update.

On Mon, Jul 11, 2016 at 5:31 PM, Wayne Stambaugh <stambaughw@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I just wanted to give everyone a quick heads up about the CERN trip.
> First I would like to say thank you the CERN folks for their generosity
> in hosting a KiCad developers hackathon.  We also took a trip to visit
> Jean-Pierre who was an equally gracious host.

Yes, JP telling us about the origins of KiCad sipping a kir under the
trees in his garden. A beautiful moment. And many other memories:
Annecy, Montreux Jazz, some brave cyclists climbing up La Faucille,
visiting CERN and the United Nations, Wayne's first exposure to
Flammekueche. And beer: beer discussing about democracy in the US and
in Europe, beer about arms control, beer about the founding fathers,
about Brexit and what have you. And lots of KiCad discussion and
hacking of course! Great week indeed. Thank you all for coming! This
turned out to be an improvised mini-hackathon in the end, but it looks
to me that the case for more organized hackathons in the future is
pretty strong.

Cheers,

Javier