Re: Integrated Simulator

On Fri, Jul 22, 2016 at 10:54:27AM +0200, Tomasz Wlostowski wrote:
> On 21.07.2016 23:16, Chris Pavlina wrote:
> > Really, really nice! I made it do a thing! https://misc.c4757p.com/kicad_sim.png
> >
> > I feel bad to provide a bug report on my very first communcation on
> > this, but... found one: not sure if this sort of thing is actually
> > standard SPICE or an LTspice extension, but I tried parameterizing a
> > component value, setting a resistor's value to {R} - that sort of thing
> > leads to irrecoverable lockups here.
> >

> Hi Chris,
>
> Two quick questions:
> - Do you have NGspice compiled with XSPICE support?
> - Could you run eeschema with forced "C" locale?

Yup, ngspice has XSPICE support compiled in. Forcing C locale changes
the behavior slightly but doesn't fix it:

With default locale (en_US.utf8), a simple circuit consisting of a
voltage source V=12 and a resistor {R} with the parameter left
unspecified freezes kicad completely (can only be quit by SIGTERM). With
C locale, this doesn't seem to cause a freeze, but after attempting
to specify that parameter by adding ".param R 12", *then* it freezes.