Re: Integrated Simulator

Hi guys,

Thanks very much for adding this feature for a start, definitely something
I've been wishing for.

Run into an issue off the bat;
Used the script to download/compile the shared lib, and compiled eeschema
with -DKICAD_SPICE=ON, all good.
Loaded up eeschema and opened up sallen_key.sch, opened the simulation
window and set setting to transient with 1n step and 1s finish time,
clicked OK and pressed Run/Stop Simulation, it said no circuits loaded, I
stopped and restart the simulation and the program segfaulted, with this
error in GDB.
(I'm running LMDE 64 bit, kernel 3.16.0-4-amd64)

14:26:35: Debug: LoadAllLibraries SEARCH_STACK:
14:26:35: Debug:   [ 0]:/home/tom/kicad-dev/demos/simulation/sallen_key
14:26:35: Debug:   [ 1]:/home/tom/kicad-dev/build/debug/template
14:26:35: Debug:   [ 2]:/usr/local/share
OpenProjectFiles: loading schematic
/home/tom/kicad-dev/demos/simulation/sallen_key/sallen_key.sch
CheckComponentsToPartsLinks: resync-ing
/home/tom/kicad-dev/demos/simulation/sallen_key/sallen_key.sch
Player 4
Create class 4
Player 0
stat 1 immed 0 quit 0
[New Thread 0x7fffdeffd700 (LWP 3558)]
[Thread 0x7fffdeffd700 (LWP 3558) exited]
/usr/local/lib/ngspice/spice2poly.cm: cannot open shared object file: No
such file or directory
Error: Library /usr/local/lib/ngspice/spice2poly.cm couldn't be loaded!
/usr/local/lib/ngspice/analog.cm: cannot open shared object file: No such
file or directory
Error: Library /usr/local/lib/ngspice/analog.cm couldn't be loaded!
/usr/local/lib/ngspice/digital.cm: cannot open shared object file: No such
file or directory
Error: Library /usr/local/lib/ngspice/digital.cm couldn't be loaded!
/usr/local/lib/ngspice/xtradev.cm: cannot open shared object file: No such
file or directory
Error: Library /usr/local/lib/ngspice/xtradev.cm couldn't be loaded!
/usr/local/lib/ngspice/xtraevt.cm: cannot open shared object file: No such
file or directory
Error: Library /usr/local/lib/ngspice/xtraevt.cm couldn't be loaded!
******
** ngspice-26 shared library
** Creation Date: Fri Jul 22 12:00:06 BST 2016
******
Error: .include filename missing
Error: ngspice.dll cannot recover and awaits to be detached
Error: there aren't any circuits loaded.
stat 1 immed 0 quit 0
[New Thread 0x7fffdeffd700 (LWP 3559)]
[Thread 0x7fffdeffd700 (LWP 3559) exited]
[...]
Background thread stopped with timeout = 0
Error: there aren't any circuits loaded.
[Thread 0x7fffdf7fe700 (LWP 3553) exited]
stat 1 immed 0 quit 0
[New Thread 0x7fffdeffd700 (LWP 3560)]
[Thread 0x7fffdeffd700 (LWP 3560) exited]
[...]
[New Thread 0x7fffdeffd700 (LWP 3561)]
[Thread 0x7fffdeffd700 (LWP 3561) exited]
[...]

0x00007fffe831f552 in std::_Rb_tree<wxString, std::pair<wxString const,
int>, std::_Select1st<std::pair<wxString const, int> >,
std::less<wxString>, std::allocator<std::pair<wxString const, int> >
>::_S_right (__x=0x6d65642f7665642d)
    at /usr/include/c++/4.9/bits/stl_tree.h:553
553      { return static_cast<_Link_type>(__x->_M_right); }

Let me know how I can be more use/provide more info.

Cheers,

Tom