Re: Integrated Simulator

Hello guys. I think this news should be announced in http://kicad-pcb.org/post/ to promote the interest.

В Суббота, 23 июл. 2016 в 2:17 , jp charras <jp.charras@xxxxxxxxxx> написал:
Le 22/07/2016 à 13:49, Tomasz Wlostowski a écrit :
 On 22.07.2016 13:36, jp charras wrote:
 Le 22/07/2016 à 13:15, jp charras a écrit :
 Le 22/07/2016 à 11:59, Tomasz Wlostowski a écrit :
 On 22.07.2016 11:56, Eldar Khayrullin wrote:
 Note: can't find init file.

This is the problem, ngspice can't find its internal init file. Did you
 install it in your system or just copied the DLL?

 Tom

 Because I have the same issue:

 I just copied the dll.

 What is the internal init file?
 And where it should be copied.

 One cannot expect it is in a system folder, especially on windows.

 Hi Tom,

 After more tests:

 In all cases I have the message:
 Note: can't find init file.

 However:
 * sallen_key does not work at all (as said previously)
 * laser_driver runs but gives the message:
 doAnalyses: Too many iterations without convergence
 run simulation(s) aborted
 * rectifier works!

 Hi JP,

You need the init files and XSPICE extensions. I'll provide an updated
 Windows package.

 Tom

Hi Tom and Orson,

After a few trials, I fixed my issues:
* sallen_key.sch demo has a bug: the text ".include diodes.lib" should be ".include 8051.lib".
  Of course, this is obvious, bot not easy to find at a first glance.
* I rebuilt libngspice-0.dll on my msys2 install, just copied this dll in kicad/bin dir (instead of Orson'one) and I do not have the issue about init files (perhaps it is built with different options).

--
Jean-Pierre CHARRAS