[INFO]Fwd: Gerber netlist draft specification

Since some time, Karel Tavernier, the Managing Director of Ucamco, which owns the Gerber format, is
preparing a very useful enhancement: adding embedded netlist info to the Gerber files.

He asked my to send the draft of these new specifications to the Kicad developers M.L.

This is important, because it is a serious enhancement, and because it could have some effects on
net tees and microwave components which connect 2 or more different nets.

I already sent/received a few mails to/from Karel Tavernier about these specific components, and how
to manage them in a Gerber file with netlist info.

I currently have in a branch a kicad version which adds these netlist attributes to pads, vias and
tracks and which can shows them in Gerbview.

I think I am right in saying that is a big enhancement for users who carefully check the Gerber
files (a very good practice).