Re: New eeschema file format

On Sun, Jul 31, 2016 at 07:53:41PM +0000, Mário Luzeiro wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Feature request for eeschema:
>
> Not sure if this is the right thread, as now I started using again KiCad,
> one thing I miss and I believe I found somewhere other requests, is the ability to
> make some kind of notes in schematics.
>
> Usually I use "Add text" but that text is visible and printed.
> I was looking for a "speech bubble" that you can edit the text content.
>
> It should be useful for add comments, explanations of the circuit or things you do not want to forget.
> Also useful for add URLs in that notes..

On one hand, I don't want this thread to turn into a whole bunch of
random feature requests, lest improvements on what we already have get
lost in the noise. On the other, I'm *ALL* for this, I really like the
idea of comments that exist in a sort of "layer" that can be switched on
or off. For instance, let me put layout comments in the schematic, and
then hide them later when debugging. And put debugging comments and hide
them earlier when doing layout. Etc...