Re: Integrated Simulator

On 07/23/2016 01:17 PM, jp charras wrote:
> Le 22/07/2016 à 13:49, Tomasz Wlostowski a écrit :

>>> Hi Tom,
>>>
>>> After more tests:
>>>
>>> In all cases I have the message:
>>> Note: can't find init file.
>>>
>>> However:
>>> * sallen_key does not work at all (as said previously)
>>> * laser_driver runs but gives the message:
>>> doAnalyses: Too many iterations without convergence
>>> run simulation(s) aborted
>>> * rectifier works!
>>>
>> Hi JP,
>>
>> You need the init files and XSPICE extensions. I'll provide an updated
>> Windows package.
>>
>> Tom
>>

> Hi Tom and Orson,
>
> After a few trials, I fixed my issues:
> * sallen_key.sch demo has a bug: the text ".include diodes.lib" should be ".include 8051.lib".
>   Of course, this is obvious, bot not easy to find at a first glance.
> * I rebuilt libngspice-0.dll on my msys2 install, just copied this dll in kicad/bin dir (instead of
> Orson'one) and I do not have the issue about init files (perhaps it is built with different options).

Hi Jean-Pierre,

Thank you for the wxWidgets patch, I have already applied it in my
branch [1]. This week I would like to check & fix the remaining issues
and if nobody raises an objection, I will merge it to the product
branch. It still has to be explicitly enabled, so it should not cause
any problems.

I hope ngspice package will be soon provided by mingw64. The PKGBUILD is
already available in the official repository, so I hope the package will
be there soon. Before it happens, we can still use the PKGBUILD [1].
Mine could have been built with an ancient mingw64 version, so that
might have resulted in a package that does not work with other
installations.

Regards,
Orson

1.