Re: Git transition

The last time I looked, notifications of repo commits still were not
implemented.  This is a show stopper for me.  I don't want to have to
constantly grep the git commit log to see what changed.  If change
notifications are working correctly, then I'm OK with moving forward on
this if you can get the bug fix linking working.  We definitely should
do some testing before we go live with this.

Before every starts beating the GitHub drum, I have one major issue with
GitHub and that is control.  There is no way that I know of to moderate
a project on github.  Anyone with a github account can submit a pull
requests at anytime even if they are not part of the dev team.  As
project leader, this is an issue.  I'm already a my limit with the
development team we have in place and I really don't want to deal with a
wide open code hosting.  I also have no way of removing someone from the
list should I need to.  I know it hasn't happened yet but I am not naive
enough to think that it wont happen.  At this time, I am more
comfortable with LP until something better comes along or we take full
control a provide our own hosting.