Re: Git transition

On 8/12/2016 5:36 AM, Maciej Sumiński wrote:
> On 08/11/2016 08:28 PM, Wayne Stambaugh wrote:
> [snip]
>> I'll see if I can figure out how to do this and if it works we can use
>> it instead of adding the bug report url to the commit message.  I wonder
>> if we can link a commit to a bug report?  That could be an issue if we
>> cannot.  I don't want to have to always create a separate branch, push
>> it to my personal repo, and then merge it into the product branch for
>> simple bug fixes.
>
> I already link commits to corresponding bug reports, see an example [1].
>
> To make life even easier, I have just pushed an additional git config
> file (rev 7022). To enable it:
>
>   git config --add include.path "$(pwd)/helpers/git/fixes_alias"
>
> And afterwards:
>
>   <code, code, code>
>   git commit -a -m "Fixed a memleak"
>   git fixes 123456
>   git push
>
> In the current form it is a mix of what Wayne and Chris have suggested,
> so in the end you will get:
>
> orson@pcbe15262 ~/workspace/kicad % git log -n1
> commit 4ea4dcd67d89ce612aa1826dc845cc1137040fbf
> Author: Maciej Suminski <maciej.suminski@xxxxxxx>
> Date:   Fri Aug 12 11:34:06 2016 +0200
>
>     Fixed a memleak
>
>     Fixes: lp:123456
>     * https://bugs.launchpad.net/kicad/+bug/123456
>
> Regards,
> Orson
>
> 1. https://bugs.launchpad.net/kicad-git-test/+bug/1612107

This appears to be just what we are looking for.  Thanks Orson!

Since I haven't heard anything from anyone besides Adam, I'm going to
assume everyone is OK with going live with the git transition on 8/21.
I will most likely make the bzr repo read only a few hours before I push
the git repo and make it the product branch so if you have commit access
please do not commit anything to the bzr repo on 8/21.  I will make an
announcement as soon as I have it up and running.  I think I hear the
"Hallelujah Chorus" in the background. ;)