Re: Git transition

If you really trust the branch and aren't concerned about history (prolly
messy anyways), just create a stable branch in your repo, and checkout a
clean from the remote to overlay your stable branch and push that.  More of
a replace than a merge.  That's likely the cleanest way to do it.  It would
be good to create standard branches of develop, release etc as defined in
the link sent earlier.