Commit 67230ac8e761d45560ef5611ea3aa8d8152ccb29

This commit

https://git.launchpad.net/kicad/commit/?id=67230ac8e761d45560ef5611ea3aa8d8152ccb29

should not have happened without discussion.  I should have nipped it in
the bud before it got committed but I was busy visiting family.  This
has been discussed before and the decision was made to do it this way
because the files generated in the source tree were not configuration
dependent and only need to be generated once(except the opengl shader
generator which is a separate issue).  If a file is configuration
dependent i.e. version.h and config.h, then is should be in the build
path because it can be different depending on the build configuration.
If it's not configuration dependent i.e. all of the s-expr files, it
should stay in the source path because it is the same for every
configuration.  It's also nice to be able to grep the s-expr files in
the source tree as your writing your new file format rather than having
to change to the build path.

Please do not make the "there should never be generated source files in
the source tree" argument.  This argument is flawed and leans too close
to zealotry for my tastes.   The idea that your source tree is going to
stay pristine is delusional.  Most editors and the patch command leave
plenty of cruft in your source tree.

Cheers,