Re: announcing eeshow (schematics renderer and viewer)

Eldar Khayrullin wrote:
> Conflicting of libgit2-dev (eeshow dependence) and libcurl4-openssl-dev
> (kicad dependence) packages in Ubuntu.

If you're on a "stable" installation (i.e., a base one should
reasonably expect to have no such issues), that would be something
you may want to report this to the package maintainers.

What I do when there are conflicts is that I use "aptitude" instead
of "apt-get" to install the new package. Aptitude searches for ways
to resolve the conflicts, e.g., by changing (usually downgrading)
other packages in the dependency graph.

I typically look at a few first few proposals aptitude makes, then
start it again and pick one. The first one is usually to keep the
package I ask for at the current version (i.e., not installed), but
the rest tend to be more reasonable. I'd avoid the ones that involve
rearranging lots of things or sending some package back by many
revisions, though.

- Werner