Re: announcing eeshow (schematics renderer and viewer)

Eldar Khayrullin wrote:
> I don't think that it is advisable now.

Hmm, do you mean trying to use Eeschema/-like fonts ?

> See Roadmap why it is as (http://ci.kicad-pcb.org/job/kicad-doxygen/ws/Documentation/doxygen/html/v5_road_map.html).

There's a lot on this page :-) Are you thinking of
Project > Common Library > Unified Rendering Framework
"Port wxDC to GAL or get Cairo rendering" ?

I've asked about that on #kicad, and I get the impressions that the
plans for Eeschema are still fairly vague in this regard.

In any case, I'm not in a hurry to jump into this. As long as text
rendering works acceptably, that's good enough for me at the present
stage. My current focus is mainly on file access (sounds boring but
gets rather entertaining when you add repos and their history to the
mix) and on making diffs better.

- Werner