Re: translation code rework

On Sun, Sep 11, 2016 at 09:22:31PM +0200, Nick Østergaard wrote:
> Maybe have it both? Like:
>
> Français (French)
>
> Then you have it "easily readable for the native" and still easy for
> others to understand?
>
> I still think it is nice to keep the menu, or at least the
> fucntionality. I may not need to be a seperate menu from the top bar
> menu as is now, it might actually be more appropiate in "normal"
> settings dialogs. I know those are not the same for eeschema and
> pcbnew, but maybe more similar in the future. This is just some
> ideas/proposals for the future.

I am not a dev but I agree for both.

About the check for the languages installed, usually i18n package comes
complete with all the languages so I agree to make the list limited to
the installed languages but only if the code is not too much complicated
because it could be not worth the effort anyway.

--

Marco Ciampa

 GNU/Linux User #78271
 FSFE fellow #364