Re: Bezier curves in DRAWSEGMENT class

On 14.09.2016 00:00, Cirilo Bernardo wrote:
> I think it would be nice to support Bezier curves but aside from adding
> support for editing those curves, I think we need a good enough 2D
> geometry kernel so that we can improve zone outlines and perhaps
> even allow tracks to be straight, arc, or Bezier curve. In general though
> I think good support for "PolyLine" would be of more general use; after
> all any 2D Bezier curve can be easily approximated with a series of
> circular arcs (which a Polyline can do).

Cirilo, JP,

I agree we need copper layer arc support. I'm reluctant to add Bezier
curves unless they are approximated as polylines because of the
complexity of necessary DRC functions. Writing an accurate arc-to-arc or
arc-to-segment collision/distance check is already quite difficult.

Besides, what would be the use of such curves for PCB design other than
fancy graphics (silkscreen, etc)?

Tom