Re: kicad promotion in help menu

Le 06/10/2016 à 08:13, Cirilo Bernardo a écrit :
> Hi folks,
>
>  Any comments on this patch I proposed a few weeks ago?
>
> https://lists.launchpad.net/kicad-developers/msg26412.html
>
> The patch adds a menu item in the main menu Help list to launch the
> system's default browser and bring up the "Contribute to KiCad" page
> (http://kicad-pcb.org/contribute/).  The idea is to promote awareness
> of how users can get involved, whether it's helping with documentation,
> libraries, etc.  I think we have a great little group at the moment, but
> more experts helping out or new users learning about the internals of
> the software is always better. :)
>

> - Cirilo

To be honest, if I like the idea, I am not thrilled by this (large?) patch.
A link in our About Kicad dialog (Information panel) could be better (only 2 lines of code to add).
On this Information panel (the default panel when opening the dialog) there are already the most
important links.

--
Jean-Pierre CHARRAS