Re: pcbnew - enable editing of associated net for tracks&vias

Hello Orson,

You are completely right and I am aware of this fact. Tbh this modification is in the current state only of limited use. Some of the few occasions I encountered was then I moved/copied some routed parts around or then I changed one pin from one net to another in the schematic for an already routed board. After reading in the new netlist the already existing tracks got not the desirable name (as they are now connected to two different pins/names) so I had to remove the tracks and replace them again to get them properly connect IIRC.

Actually I would love to discuss as well if auto renaming needs to be a mandatory step or if it could be a tool instead or if one could implement a option to preserve names of not or ambiguous connected elements during the auto renaming.

Regards,
Nox