Re: KiCad hackathon invitation

Hi there,

We have already finished the hackathon at e-HAL in Sao Paulo. We would
like thank all the participants for the effort they put in KiCad
development. While at the moment none of the features we worked is ready
to merge, the current status is:

* SVG importer (thanks to Janito) [1]
  - done: abstraction layer to handle different vector graphic formats,
plugin to handle SVG format
  - to-do: fix the UI, handle scaling (at least in the import dialog),
optionally: importing graphics as filled polygons

* Eagle import plugin (thanks to Till and Henrique) [2]
  - in progress: refactor pcbnew plugin to use expat instead of
boost::xml_property_tree, schematics plugin

* Object Inspector [3]
  - done: basic introspection system, GUI for property editor, basic
description of BOARD_ITEMs
  - to be done: clean up the code, create full description for classes,
validators, reorganize properties order, renaming properties depending
on the parent class

I am aware about a few bug fix attempts too, so there is still a chance
for more contributions. I will be absent until 14th November, but once I
am back, I am going review the code and merge as much as possible.

Taking the opportunity, we would like to express gratitude to our
hosts. It was a great event, thank you for organizing it!

Tom, Javier & Orson

1. https://github.com/jvff/kicad-source-mirror/tree/svg_import
2. https://gist.github.com/hdante/b86454b6d2b3c36b257c5e8475a4cf02
3. https://code.launchpad.net/~orsonmmz/kicad/+git/kicad/+ref/properties