about the installation procedure

One (Italian) user asked me (poorly translated):

"Is there a special procedure to update KiCad stable? (on Windows)
Because I haven't found any on the site.
Is it ok to install the new version over the older one?"

I suggested to un-install any precedent version before installing the new
one telling him that he will not lose any data but maybe this is not
completely true.
Is there any suggestion about this?
Any preparing operations to accomplish before attempting the upgrade?

TIA

--

Marco Ciampa

 GNU/Linux User #78271