Re: configuration files for KiCad

Hi JP,

You are correct, I'm talking about the "program configuration", not the
"project configuration" or "library configuration". I understand your
concern about adding more maintenance burden.  I think there are possible
solutions that would not be significantly more complicated than wxConfig
(and also be equally cross-platform) although it would definitely mean a
one-time rewrite.

I think I will put together a more detailed proposal including more clear
statements on what I think the benefits are as well as my analysis of the
costs, and will come back with that proposal.  I think the current config
system is quite limiting in terms of where KiCad could go in the future,
but perhaps it is easier to explain why I think that with some more
concrete examples that will take me some time to write up.

Best,
Jon